Things to do in Tokyo:
Visit the Vampire Café in Ginza
…preferably around Halloween like I did two years ago with one of my dearest friends from home.
I have to warn you though, it’s:
1. on the 7th floor of a backstreet building and not all too easy to find
2. a place you might want to make a reservation for prior to going there (which is exactly what we didn’t do but still managed to get a table somehow)
3. not very cheap and they expect you to order at least a drink and a main course + they charge you for the table (i think).
4. …thus it’s not actually a “café”, so please don’t expect them to serve real coffee. Even though they might have it on their menu, not too sure about it.
5. They most likely won’t be able to speak any English and they certainly didn’t have an English menu… which is the case for about half of all restaurants in Japan anyway, so please just take your courage into both hands and give it a try!!
6. The lighting is very dim and it’s not exactly easy to take good quality pictures… (I wish I had taken the time to take a better photo of the menu…)
7. Not a warning - but isn’t this picture of the vampire-waiter looking like a ghost just too good to be true? Sorry for the bragging, haha.
More pictures will follow!
The streets of Ginza by night
Waiting for my train at Odaiba.
This season’s flavours at Baskin Robins. If you say ‘Baskin Robins’ to people in Japan they often don’t recognise what you’re talking about, despite the chain being massively popular here. However, if you say 31 flavours or 31 ice then they will understand :D
Here’s a round up of this season’s limited edition flavours from top left.
- アールグレイ&キャラメルスコーン Earl Grey & Caramel Scone
- ヨーグピーチファン Yog Peach Fan (yoghurt & peach)
- パパココナッツ PaPa Coconut (pineapple, papaya, cashew & coconut)
- バーガンディチェリー Burgundy Cherry (cherry & chestnut)
- レモンシャーベット Lemon Sherbet
- ピーチメルバ Peach Melba
- ボックスオブチョコレート Box of Chocolate
- ハワイアンクランチ Hawaiian Crunch
- ダブルチョコレートチーズケーキ Double Chocolate Cheesecake
- ストロベリーショートケーキ Strawberry Shortcake
- クリームソーダ Cream Soda
Can we all take a moment to appreciate the carrots in the ヨーグピーチファン please?